The RPGSU is committed to acting as a resource and advocate for both current and prospective Ryerson Philosophy Graduate Students. This includes facilitating a smooth transition into the program and providing support and assistance to both current and future members. See below for a list of resources that have been gathered with these goals in mind, and feel free to contact us with any further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grad Studies Important Dates:
- Ryerson Graduate Student Union:
- If you’re looking for things to do in the city:
- Get your Post-Secondary Student Metro Pass photo ID:
- For Mature Students:
Current and Incoming Students:
- Graduate Student Support:
- Ryerson’s Writing Centre:
- Centre for Student Development and Counseling:
- Ryerson Medical Centre:
- Funding (Lists of Scholarships, grants, etc.)
- Graduate Travel Funding:
- CUPE 3 Funding Form can be found here:
- Ryerson Library: Note the study room booking option, RACER InterLibrary Loan, and live chat with librarians (“AskUs”):
- Professional Development and Teaching Program:
- Would you like to get your work published and get a free book? Consider doing a book review:
- Previous “Jobs in Philosophy” Audio Recordings:
2014-15 Topics & Speakers:
1. Conflict Mediation: Peter Simpson (chief Negotiator for the Ministry of Labour) and Jeanette Bicknell (independent mediation service provider). Audio Recording here.
2. Social Justice/Social Work: Andrea Austen (Social Policy Analyst with the City of Toronto) and Nicole Bernhardt (former Human Rights Specialist with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services). Audio Recording here.
- Find your favourite academics and their work here: